Advisor (m/f) on on-grid Renewable Energy in the Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP)
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Nigeria / Abuja, we are looking for an Advisor (m/f) on on-grid Renewable Energy in the Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP).
Field of activity
One of the major problems related to developing the Nigerian economy is the inadequate power supply. The declared aim of the new government is to remedy this situation with a package of measures. The promotion of Renewable Energy (RE) and sound energy planning frameworks play a crucial role in ensuring security of electricity supply. The large-scale Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP) is implemented by GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Union. It aims at enabling and fostering investments in a domestic market for RE and Energy Efficiency (EE) and improving access to clean energy. The programme builds up on an initial 4-year phase. It supports key stakeholders such as the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (FMPWH) to develop and implement sector strategies on RE and EE. Structured procurement approaches for both off-grid and on-grid electricity and the standardization in EE build the back-bone for implementation activities. Data provision and analysis as well as the development of innovative finance tools connect all technical areas of the programme.
You are responsible for providing technical advice to FMPWH, the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trader (NBET), the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) and, if needed, any other institution or agency active in the power sector on developing favorable framework conditions for investments in on-grid RE, particularly their integration into the grid.
This includes support towards the bulk procurement mechanisms for electricity generated from RE resources, support in enforcing guidelines and grid codes for the feed-in and operation of the transmission grid as well as supporting enhanced efficiency in transmission and dispatch of electricity with fluctuating resources. The Unit may also support activities on the distribution / retail levels
(e.g. bulk procurement of generation, operations incl. metering and load management). In detail, your tasks are:
1. Supporting the identification / selection of partners, the establishment of collaborations with the latter, maintaining a regular correspondence with them and monitoring progress towards the achievement of common goals
2. Providing advice on the following issues:
- Design parameters for RE structured procurement (or other RE support mechanism) and assess its technical feasibility
- Advise on capacity allocation and grid integration planning of RE generation capacity into the Nigerian transmission and distribution grids
- Advise on structure and design of technical reports by the System and the Market Operators to the regulatory body with the aim to enhance power industry performance according to market rules
- Advise on the operational procedures of System and Market Operators
- Facilitate coordination of technical interfaces between procurement, grid connection, transmission and distribution
- Provide technical inputs with the aim of developing long term cost effectiveness scenarios of RE generation capacity addition to the Nigerian power mix
- Assist in preparation as well as in the execution of tender procedures;
- Provide further advice on related technical RE aspects if needed
- Provide further advice on transmission and distribution/retail activities if needed
3. Supporting planning, monitoring and reporting of the Unit‘s activities
4. Managing operations (incl. administration and logistics) for the various activities of the Unit
You are an expert in the field of on-grid RE with a background on energy engineering, economy, law, finance or political science combined with project expertise in the field of international cooperation. You are experienced in privatization of power systems and the introduction of respective energy planning mechanisms and tools. Furthermore, your knowledge in previous exposure to the private sector enable you to bring this perspective into your advisory services. You enjoy moderating complex transformation processes. Your intercultural sensitivity enables you to successfully cooperate with a wide range of different partners. You are pro-active and creative in your problem-solving approach, but with a clear focus on targets. You have fluent English skills, German is an advantage. Prior experience of working with GIZ and/or in Nigeria is an additional advantage.
Veranstaltungen zum Thema
Keine Artikel in dieser Ansicht.
Pressemitteilung des Bundesverbands Solarwirtschaft e. V. vom 21. Februar 2018
Berlin, den 21. Februar 2018 – Solarstrom aus neu geplanten großen Solarparks erreicht in Deutschland das Preisniveau von Elektrizität aus Windparks. Dies geht aus den Ergebnissen jüngster..
Mit AC•THOR Bau- und Energiekosten senken
Neuzeug, Österreich, 20.02.2018. Im März 2018 installiert die my-PV GmbH in Ried in der Riedmark (Oberösterreich) erstmals ihren neuen Leistungssteller AC•THOR. Als Schlüsselkomponente der..
Weltweite Wachstumsrate von 55 Prozent bei den Neuzulassungen / Deutsche Hersteller unter den TOP 5
Anfang 2018 ist der Bestand an Elektroautos weltweit auf 3,2 Millionen gestiegen. Im Reich der Mitte sind davon 1,2 Millionen unterwegs, gefolgt von den USA mit 750.000. Deutschland liegt mit knapp..